Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Anyone using an Assemblage ST-40?
Re: Anyone using an Assemblage ST-40? [message #7727 is a reply to message #7726] Fri, 10 September 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
Sargon,

You're in the wrong forum -- the ST-40 is a tube amp! [Moderator: You may want to transfer this thread to the Tubes forum.]

That said, the ST-40 was the first kit I ever built (c. 1996?) and the first tube amp I ever heard. At the time, I'd never soldered and didn't know a capacitor from a resistor, so it was quite a learning experience. You're right, it's an excellent amp. I still have, use and love mine. It's really a shame that that kit went out of production when the old Parts Connection went out of business.

Unfortunately, I can't help you. I built mine bone stock, as they say (I think there was an upgrade package, which I did incorporate when I built it), and haven't touched it since.

I think what you want to do is convert the EL-34s from pentode to triode operation. Perhaps the people at http://www.partsconnexion.com , the de facto (not legal) successor to the old Parts Connection, have retained the know-how to give you guidance. Have you tried contacting them? If they do have advice, please post it here. I'd be interested. Good luck!

e

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Modifications for the Sonic T-Amp
Next Topic: Has someone tried using two Sonic Impact amps?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 08:01:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio