Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2pi crossover question and opinion for near-field monitoring
2pi crossover question and opinion for near-field monitoring [message #63159] Sun, 13 June 2010 16:21 Go to previous message
notben is currently offline  notben
Chancellor
Is the crossover for the tower and monitor the same? I ask because I am going to order a pair to build the monitors, but if later I want to build the towers, can I just drop the drivers and the crossover in the new tower cabs?

Also, I am going to do a comparison of the 2pi monitors to my Adams A1 powered near-field studio monitors for my Apogee/Logic setup.
If they are close in accuracy for monitoring amateur mixing and recording sessions, I would love to able to sell them to raise funds for 4pi's with JBL's for my tube gear.
Although, finding a suitable SS amp for the monitors will be key -- probably a Crown amp.
I have multiple power subs to use when I need also.

Has anyone else compared them to traditional studio near-fields?
How did the high end detail and overall separation compare? Are they fatiguing as near-fields? The chart for the Vifa looks like it should have plenty of information between 15-20Khz and above.

Considering that Adams A1 were $1,000 for a pair and a good chunk of their cost is for the amplification, I think the 2pi monitor is in the same price range, so I don't think it is complete apples and oranges. Plus, I think I may like the 10" driver as opposed to the 7" in the Adams.

Thanks for the feedback.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Heresy Box for 3Pi
Next Topic: 4pi with altec 807?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 19:01:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio