Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » looking at 6 Pi's (6Pi Question)
Re: Midrange Horn [message #62401 is a reply to message #62400] Sun, 25 April 2010 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I already sent plans for the three π and four π loudspeakers, so check your inbox. If you don't have them let me know and I'll resend.

The three π and four π speakers sound similar but the four π model is 3dB louder with the same power input.

I won't say whether I think JBL is better than AE or vice versa but I will say the upgrade woofers are well worth the extra cost in every model. The tweeter upgrade is worthwhile too. I've ranked each upgrade and the order of audible improvement they bring in the link below.

The crossover is fundamentally similar but is slightly different for each driver. Each model woofer needs a different Zobel, for example.

We stock all the parts for every model and every upgrade option, but do not keep completed crossover assemblies for every model and option in stock. One person might choose upgraded coils and resistors, another would choose upgraded capacitors. So instead of trying to keep an inventory of every possible combination of upgrades, we simply build to order. It usually takes anywhere from a day to a week to ship crossovers.

Read Message icon12.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon7.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon12.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: One, Two or Two Tower
Next Topic: Port Tube Needed for 2Pi Towers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 21:59:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio