Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » looking at 6 Pi's (6Pi Question)
icon12.gif  looking at 6 Pi's [message #62392] Sat, 24 April 2010 10:50 Go to previous message
andrewbeee is currently offline  andrewbeee
Esquire
Hi Wayne,

I am looking for your advice. My room is ~ 16' X 36' with the speakers on the short wall. I have been into single drivers for many years but its time to move on and try something new. I listen ~ 12' away from the speakers. I was considering a pair of 6 Pi's.
I would go with the 7's but in my mind 15''s are overkill.

In the case of the 6 PI, would you consider the AE TD12S a considerable upgrade to the Delta 12LF?

If yes, then what about the crossover? Would I be better off doing better caps and inductors with the AE TD12S only or would the Delta benefit in a like manner to the more expensive components?

I also am interested in the 4 Pi's but that midrange horn on the 6 & 7 PI's keeps calling me. I would think a dedicated mid horn would flesh out the mids more clearly and you must have had a reason for it.

What do you suggest?

I do not listen very loudly, I would guess peaks in the high 90's once in a Blue moon.

In any case, would you please send me the plans for the 6PI and 4Pi along with your suggestions?

Thanks

Andrew

Read Message icon12.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon7.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon12.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: One, Two or Two Tower
Next Topic: Port Tube Needed for 2Pi Towers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:59:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio