Home » Audio » Speaker » More HornResponse
Re: More HornResp [message #62208 is a reply to message #62158] Sun, 28 March 2010 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
lunkie is currently offline  lunkie
Chancellor
Thanks for the reply Wayne, I've been slow to get back to this because I'm fighting malware/spyware issues on the computer that has the horn response files in it. Yes I thought the mouth was going to be somewhat small. With a larger mouth the Hf side rolls down a bit. The rear chamber I thought was about .5 cu ft so I don't think size is an issue there. I varied it from .25 to 1.0 cu ft, did not seem to effect the response that much, added a little more ripple. As for the front chamber what would be a good average size? If your mounting the speaker, face on the baffle, with the throat cutout in it, it would seem the chamber area would not be all that large. Unless mounting the speaker on some thick gaskets to increase this area? A couple other questions. Can this program be made to work without adding an s2 to s3 section? I couldn't get it to work with only s1 to s2. That's why the real short second section. The mouth and throat areas given are for circles, correct? The throat can be made into a square as long as the area is the same, correct? Same for the mouth, only I'd want to go with a 2 to 1 length to height ratio?? I'm one of those guys waiting on the mid horn flat packs your soon to offer, but you've given me some extra time to try some different things out.

Lunk and the Low Notes

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message