Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4π in Costa Rica
4π in Costa Rica [message #61734] Sun, 17 January 2010 08:49 Go to previous message
vinylvalet is currently offline  vinylvalet
Chancellor
I want to build a pair of 4πs here in CR using all premium components. I'm currently using Galante Rhapsody speakers; veiled, no bass, not very involving. I have two amp options: a pair of diyhifisupply Ladyday 91 monos (8W) and stereo Lux (12W) - both WE 300B outputs and all premium parts.

After much research, I assume the 4π would be a good fit (I'll add the 3π subs next year) and a nice upgrade from the Rhapsodys. I have access to all kinds of exotic hardwoods (all from trees that have fallen down, no live tree harvesting). In this application what would be the best wood density: light, medium or hard?

My wife will be traveling to the states in March and will bring the components down in suitcases.

I'd like to look at the plans, if that would be okay, so I can start planning the project.

I'm currently building the Fitzmaurice Omega 15 PA speakers with my sons and the students at La Paz School in nearby Flamingo. We were able to get all the components through customs last November with no problem. I'm donating a 16 channel PA system for the use of the school and local musicians. I want to build as many components as possible to give the students experience in woodworking and soldering.

Thanks.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: For sale - Pi-4 Pros (JBL parts)
Next Topic: Future 2 Pi Towers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:29:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout