Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi and 7 Pi bass response- More similar or different? (4 Pi VS 7 Pi )
Re: 4 Pi and 7 Pi bass response- More similar or different? [message #61630 is a reply to message #61627] Mon, 28 December 2009 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

feket663 wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 14:56

Here is my room's schematic. Is this good place for the 7PI?
I do not want to put boxes on the opposite side of the room, because there is not enough the bass. I think the little part of room reduce the bass.
index.php?t=getfile&id=132&private=0

Yes, you could do that. If the false wall is large enough it will work pretty well. My concern is it might be awkward, but maybe not. If it does prove awkward, you can always stick with four π speakers.

You might try adding the midhorn on top of four π cabinets, and try different placement options. That way, you can go back to the four π cabinets if it doesn't work out. On the other hand, if it does work out, you can build the proper bass bins. This will let you try out the basic sound without going through all the trouble of building the bass bins at first. If you like it, build the bass bins which will move the midhorn and tweeter up higher.

One more thing I'd like to mention. Give the multisub approach a try. This will completely change the character of the bass in your room. You will find that you may be able to put the speakers in the corners closest to the green couch in your drawing, and then pull it over to the other side. Using a couple of subs, you'll increase extension as well as smoothing the room modes. I'd probably do that first, because you can use the subs with fours or sevens. It will improve them both.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message