Home » Audio » Speaker » help spend my money on an array project
help spend my money on an array project [message #61275] Thu, 29 October 2009 17:47 Go to previous message
jtwrace is currently offline  jtwrace
Viscount
I built a 3-way speaker using a Foutek 2.0 and Accuton C-79. I was so impressed when I just crossed the mid / tweeter to my subs that I started thinking about building an array of the same. This design would use 20 C-79 with 18 Founteks. With some talking with others and looking at measurements, I'm starting to question my thought. I've looked at the Accuton 220/T11 and then use the Newform Research R30 2x stacked per side.

My concern is that looking at the measuremnents, the 220 just doesn't seem as good as the C-79. I really don't want to loose the "magic" that I had with the C-79. So, what are your thoughts and recommendations? I have also contacted Audio Technology about some custom mids as well.

BTW-my thought is to use my 300w Class Mono Blocks on the mids and use a tube amp on the ribbons. I currently use two aluminum cabinet Rythmik Audio subs with an active Ashly 3.24CL crossover.

Thanks-

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message