Home » Audio » Speaker » Horn Loaded woofers vs Line array woofers Question
Re: Horn Loaded woofers vs Line array woofers Question [message #61214 is a reply to message #61212] Sun, 18 October 2009 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
But.... Bill F. says that I could get lowered distortion, and higher dynamic range from the 30-165hz range by using a dual Table Tuba system from his website.

Because..... "THD with direct radiators isn't even close to the low levels achievable with a folded horn"

and

"As for a line array, there's little if any benefit to one versus a cluster array with the nearly 7 foot wavelength of 165 Hz."

Any comments here?

Everyone has biases, and the only way to filter out the biases is to try to gain alternative opinions, and then make comparisons.
In order to do that, I've been asking the same basic questions in several forums which have mostly different people posting to them. Each person's bias tends to downplay the negative aspects of their own particular viewpoint. I respect Bill's opinion, but he's clearly of the view that horn loading is the answer everywhere. I'm trying to find some kind of middle road that I can actually do either now or in the future, and that fits my specific needs both in the current system and in the future when I have more money(if that ever happens) Rolling Eyes

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Horn Loaded woofers
Next Topic: Hornresp