Home » Audio » Speaker » Slot loaded woofers
Slot loaded woofers [message #61193] Fri, 16 October 2009 01:56 Go to previous message
Bellini is currently offline  Bellini
Esquire
I am working on a three way design to be used with subs for band PA purposes. I want the box to be as compact as possible. Each cabinet will contain 2x Eminence Kappalite 3015 woofers, 2x Eminence Delta pro 8B Midrange drivers, and a 1 inch compression driver on a small 60x40 horn. My desired crossover frequencies are: 400Hz between the lows and mids, and 3KHz between the mids and the highs. The enclosure will be vented, and I will need it to play down to just 70Hz. I realized that I could make the cabinet fairly short and narrow by slot loading the woofers. I would use two slots, one at the top, and the other at the bottom of the cabinet, similar to what Renkus-Heinz did with some of the cabinets in the CT line. http://www.renkus-heinz.com/loudspeakers/series/Legacy_Loudspeakers/ct_install/images/hi_res/ct7215_photo.jpg

Does anyone see any possible problems with this arrangement for the woofers that would make it not worth trying?

Thanks,
Bellini

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Dedicated horn loaded mid -- big disappointment.
Next Topic: Horn Loaded woofers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:00:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout