Home » Audio » Speaker » What about Oval shaped drivers (like 4"x6") for arrays?
Re: What about Oval shaped drivers (like 4"x6") for arrays? [message #60865 is a reply to message #60864] Sun, 13 September 2009 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Scaper is currently offline  Scaper
Esquire
Marlboro wrote on Sun, 13 September 2009 18:33
Why do you need a cheap line array when you ahve all those giant 10 or 12 inch woofers? And with all of it you are really missing on the tweeter end.

Looks to me like you have too much sound in their already.

I was just hoping to get some info on the oval drivers for line arrays that's all. I was told the members here know a lot about setting them up.

I'm not really sure if you were poking fun at the setup I have or not. I figured your statement would have been "Now I see why you need line arrays to go with all those sub drivers, it would be a perfect match".

Those are 10" subwoofers, they're for the stuff that normal line arrays can't do so well. I realize that 'with all of it' I am missing out on the higher ends. That's why I was asking about the line array.

I'm not sure why you think I have too much sound in there already. Isn't that what most people figure when they see a line array? "You got 150 individual drivers going at once?"

Multiple subs gives you less distortion just like a line array.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fitting line arrays together
Next Topic: For those of you who own a line array.....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 20:10:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio