Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » slope or slanted baffle vs stands four Pi
slope or slanted baffle vs stands four Pi [message #60725] Mon, 31 August 2009 18:02 Go to previous message
hoerath7 is currently offline  hoerath7
Esquire
i have been tinkering with the four pi design for a few months and had a question or two. I love the sound I am getting out of the standard design but I was thinking about experimenting with the enclosure. I really want the sound to be at ear level. What would tilting the baffle back 10 degrees or so do to the sound? Is that an option? I know it might lose some floor loading but what should i expect and has anyone gone down this road.

I also wondered what effect putting them on stands would have. Stands are uglier (much uglier in my opinion) than sloped baffles. They also take up more space. If this is a better option over the slanted/sloped baffle I would consider it.

Either way ... i really feel like the sweet spot for this speaker is on axis at floor level... and i don't want to have to sit on the floor to listen to it!

Right now I have mockups built that are in 3.1 cu ft cabinets. I know the plans call for a 2.6 cu ft cab. Will a 2.6 cab sound better than a 3.1 cabinet and why? What differences would I experience or notice if I move to a smaller cabinet?

My other noob questions are whether I should build my final version of the cabinets out of BB. My mockups are mdf.

thanks so much
7 Smile

your music sounds like noise.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Jimmy Ray Parham
Next Topic: Pi push pull slot loaded subwoofers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 04:21:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio