Home » Audio » Speaker » Interesting New Line Array Design
Re: Interesting New Line Array Design [message #61165 is a reply to message #61163] Mon, 12 October 2009 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Another factor to consider in interpreting the test data is that the results represent an average of 16 separate meaurements from different distances. As he describes it, "Each measurement below is an average of the Left and Right systems in-room measured response. Each of the Left and Right measured responses consists of an average of 16 unsmoothed responses measured in the listening area over a range from 1 to 3 meters from each array".

I would expect that each individual unsmoothed graph would look ragged, much like the measurements of the other full range driver line array I've seen, the Kuze 3201:
http://www.parts-express.com/projectshowcase/kuze3201/kuze3201weqnosmooth.jpg

Nevertheless, it's the sound that matters, and I would expect the Murphy array to sound very much like the other FR-driver arrays I've heard at RMAF - very good, but with some loss of the sparkle one hears with cymbals and other high frequency percussion sounds. One very positive characteristic is that you save lots of money when you don't have to buy sixteen $120 ribbon tweeters, and the bottom line will be how it compares to other under-$1,000 arrays.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message