Home » Audio » Speaker » First speakers - a little ambitious - curved array
Re: First speakers - a little ambitious - curved array [message #60579 is a reply to message #60573] Tue, 11 August 2009 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Eric J is currently offline  Eric J
Viscount
I'm glad you like the result.

But.... anyone designing line arrays at this current time who fails to follow Jim Griffins ground breaking research parameters, is returning to a time when it was hit or miss. Small far field listening Speakers are pretty forgiving; Line arrays are not forgiving at all, and its easy to produce a set that in comparison to even forgiving 2 way or 3 way far field listening are minimal for all the work involved.

But again, I'm glad you like the result. It took me awhile to digest Jim Griffin's paper, but I followed it to the letter and my system covers all the bases. Although building time did exceed a year of Saturday mornings especially with the design of 32 separate outside air separated 4 lb/sq in fiberglas stuffed 23.5 inch x 6 inch tubes for each midrange speaker, as well as cutting the flanges in 60 Dayton 3/4 inch dome ND20A's so that the comb filter distortion didn't go lower than 16khz, and the c-to-c distance was no more than .80 inch.

To each his own.

Eric J

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message