Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » three π upgrade
Re: AE TD12S [message #60420 is a reply to message #60417] Sat, 18 July 2009 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I haven't had a chance to live with them, and to me, that's as important as the first hour or two of listening. But to be honest, I probably won't post subjective opinions comparing the JBL to the AE models. I like and respect both too much to set them against each other in a subjective comparitive review.

I will tell you this: Both are top-notch, doesn't-get-any-better-than-this speakers. One is from a large company that has the resources to model, test and design to the Nth degree. The other is from a small niche company that makes quality machining, fit and finish - and sound - a highly personal labor of love. Both hit the target, dead-on bulls-eye, in my opinion. They make my job easy, designing a good loudspeaker with these parts, because they act as expected and there are no anomalous "warts" to design around.

Having both, one in the three π and six π and the other in the four π and seven π models, allows the discerning audiophile choose their favorite "flavor". You can't go wrong with either one.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon1.gif