Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Playlist For the last week of Februrary.
Re: Why not [message #6477 is a reply to message #6476] Sun, 26 February 2006 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I seem to be moving towards more mellow music. Must be old age I listen to Van Morrison's newest Magic Time and some of his older stuff a lot. Like Astral Weeks and a best of comp that has a lot of his ballads on it. I also listen to some vinyl and noticed that I can't hardly handle LZ anymore. I did find Gerry Raffertys 3 lps kind of nice to listen to. I had a cd I borrowed from the library that was classical selctions featuring French Horn. To hear any kind of horn through my Altecs is music to my ears I just really like French & Flugel horns.
For vocals I like John Prine, Harry Chapin, Gordon Lightfoot and Bonnie Raiit. It's more for their lyrics than voices. I think the best US lyricist is John Prine. To me nobody can touch Lightfoot for making a metaphor appear in your mind. Just Listen to The Ballad pf the Yermouth Castle and I can picture the ship dying.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message