Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Man I hate to do this...
Re: Are you giving up yours? (nt) [message #58602 is a reply to message #58600] Mon, 12 June 2006 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I have two rifles. I think maybe that is not clear. If you re-read the posts we will see that it is handguns that I am concerned with. I don't think I have given the impression that rifles whose primary use is for hunting game has ever been my concern. And if you look at the FBI stats you see that only 3% of gunrelated killings involved a rifle.
There is no point that I can see in abusing a priveledge; that includes the priviledge to direct how other citizens behave. I believe that as a citizen I have the right to be as safe from anothers behaviour as a reasonable person would expect. I don't see where I should have any right to dictate to anyone an unreasonable restriction.
So; rifles have a purpose, they are easily sighted, hard to conceal. They don't work well up close where the bad guys live. I would think that it is fair for people to own them.
The second amendment is not to be taken lightly. A rifle like the rifles our forbears owned fits the description in my eyes of arms as stated in the Constitution. You have to draw a line I know you believe that. People can't walk around with any weapon on earth just because the colonists wrote that into the rules; it has also to be considered a reasonable interpretation.
The people who group together to fight any ban on any weapon are just shortsighted or worse.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message