Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Don't think guns save lives
Re: Don't think guns save lives [message #58591 is a reply to message #58579] Mon, 12 June 2006 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Bill, if your message is "Guns don't kill, people do", I can't disagreement with that. Guns are just a tools used by killers. But you can't ignore how guns have created a different type of killer and killings not seen with other "tools".

When I was a kid in school, most fights were bare fist. On special occasions, a knife or two might come out and at worst, you end up with some knife wounds and a bloody mess. To kill someone with a knife, you really have to mean it. You have to roll up your sleeve, get in there down and dirty, and have the persistent to finish the job. Usually, after the first cut and the sight of blood and screams, the knife-holder backs off. But guns are oh so efficient; you don't get a chance to change you mind.

I find the argument of "guns don't kill, people do" to be correct but flawed. Take that logic to the extreme of "WMD's don't kill, people do". No need for war. Just train Iraq on responsible use of WMD instead.

Gar.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message