Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Way to Go Senators!
Re: Way to Go Senators! [message #58300 is a reply to message #58299] Fri, 12 May 2006 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You're right about that Bill; it's a big problem the thought in all the juries minds that insurance will cover any award they decide on. I geuss part of my problem is knowing what goes on in the hospitals because of my wifes experience in the field. It's pretty scary. And for the six years I did process serving and had to sit in courtrooms for traverse hearings while cases were tried. It gives you a different view point.
Here's one; a guy has a heart pacemaker. The doc calls for an MRI. Nobody catches that; not the doc not the nurse not the attendant who placed him in the machine. They turned the switch to start the MRI and Whoomp! the magnets tore the pacemaker right out of his body. He died instantly. 43 with two kids.
Another; it's snowing and the railroad orders the signal maintainer out to test one of the high speed switches alone in the dark. He protests but they order him out without a flagman. He is bending over the switchbox and doesn't hear the flyer coming and Bam; he's dead. Guess how much his young widow ended up with? I'll give you a hint; they offered her 283,000$ Thats about 3yrs pay. That is more like what really happens in the world.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Nice To Know The phone companies are so eager to give your info to the Govt
Next Topic: Hiking, castles... what else? :-)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 08:38:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio