Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » I don't have any cartoons; any have anything interesting?
Re: Guess what's on my shopping list [message #58196 is a reply to message #58194] Thu, 06 April 2006 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; there really isn't that much you need to know. At the price level you mention and you want to go new; then think about certain things is how I look at it. Is the arm decent? Does the table have a following; ie, is there good manufacturer support.
What is your long term goal regarding albums. Do you want to build a collection; or do you just want something to play a hundred or so records on.
At the 400$ price point you can get a decent deck that will play records and sound good. If you want or plan to build a real collection then you might want to spend more. That deck looks good; I am sure they are OEM suppliers for it so we don't know who makes it; but at that price and with a cartridge you can get by and be happy. I mean really how many hours a day will you be listening?
Now if you want audiophile sound; well that's a different ballgame. What does the VPI JR sell for nowadays?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message