Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » If I ever did half the stuff I get accused of..
this assumes a critical thing... [message #57773 is a reply to message #57770] Wed, 04 January 2006 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
An idea, or process, or ____ must have some basis to acquire protection. This protection will also be carefully spelled out as to its extent. And this protection has time limits.

There are lots of neat ideas which were not given protection. For example, the snowmobile track drive system. Too many people were playing with it. Parallel discoveries would have been made and some inventor in Colorado could arrive at the same sol'n as a sled man in New Mexico.

As suggested by some poster below, change one resistor, and I can call it mine...or something like that. Or another neat attempt at humor, grabbing the Guinevere schematic for his own profit. Let me suggest a few improvements...they've already been discussed on GB. That pre would make some nice competition for the established budget kit sellers I would hope.

When the best Physicists were gathered together in 'the institute for advanced study' or similar, no more discoveries were made. The difference? too much free time? too old? you'll love this....no students! take away interaction and spread of knowlege, and advancement ceases.

So spread it around as widely and thoroughly as is possible. Play with it, modify it, take it apart and put it back together. Teach somebody else to do the same and the Art will advance.

I would rather see Audio advance in such a fashion, rather than in a Middle Ages Church setting where the Priesthood is in control over a large fraction of the available information, which is hoarded as a mizer his coins. No joy there, that's for sure.
cheers,
Douglas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Happy new year, creatures!
Next Topic: Another old tower :-)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 10:12:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout