Home » xyzzy » Tower » Something Has Occurred To Me
Two points [message #55509 is a reply to message #55506] Sun, 20 August 2006 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
First, anyone who has been involved in a news story knows that what's in the papers only roughly approximates what actually happened. I think people are rightfully circumspect about news reporting.

Second, the only way to get to the "truth" of the matter is to bounce as many sources as possible against each other. It's a lot easier today than it was 20 years ago when I had to go to the News in Harvard Square and scan ('till they got pissed) and buy a handful of out-of-town papers and read what they had to say.

Today you can go to Google news and compare 300 or 400 news accounts and research the apparent conflicts, not to mention the personal web sites that beat the hell out some single facet of every major news story.

In short, there's virtually no single resource for reliable, just-the-facts-ma'am reporting. Like most things in life, if you want it done right....

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Who says there's no good news in the world?
Next Topic: JonBenét Ramsey
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:53:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout