Home » xyzzy » Tower » Dixie Chicks Censored In Houston
Re: The media / corporate monopolies don't decide [message #55492 is a reply to message #55486] Fri, 18 August 2006 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Totally disagreee, and I`ll illustrate this again with former Yugoslavia situation, an extreme example.
From `77-`79. there are some punk/new wave bands, especially in "western" parts of Yu. Those bands were totally ignored by the radio, TV, recording companies and press, even "sotonized" from time to time like negative example. There`re not many places where you can play, and many concerts were registered like some other shows, etc. One friend of mine (who has punk band 1977. , at the same time like others in London:-) ), actually was forced to bring the texts of the songs in the local Communists party committee - of course, he changed the lyrics a bit for that purpose :-). There`re comissions in recording companies who ordered what can be recorded. Even light politics critique were censored, and those LPs are taxed with special large taxes, and marked with "trash" stickers! And you usually can`t find those LPs almost anywhere. And foreign records were selected, too - Sex Pistols were never published in former Yu, but we all (my high-school company) have their records, haha.
Eventually, a few very good band appeared, one was "Azra"...those guys played every f... day in every f... village and the city. Usually no posters, commercials, anything - just the word from the mouth. This band becomes so huge and popular (despite their sharp and politics lyrics), then one recording company recorded their first LP, 1980.
I remember how I traveled 40km to the another city, where you`d can bought this LP at the time - by auto-stop...whole f... day, there weren`t enough petrol and just a few cars were on the roads. This band have had so big success in former Yu, than THEY started to order the rules of this r`n`r game, some freedom walls was broken, and many smaler new-wave groups recorded their songs, too.
Even then, official TV and radios rarely played this music, but who cared for them, anyway...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: HEY, WAYNE !
Next Topic: Who says there's no good news in the world?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 03:58:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio