Home » xyzzy » Tower » Dixie Chicks Censored In Houston
Re: The media / corporate monopolies don't decide [message #55485 is a reply to message #55484] Thu, 17 August 2006 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Allow me to retort. In this discussion I am under the impression that we are not examining the most popular and promoted forms of art; as you say ABC at 9 on Wednesdays.
Maybe I am wrong but it was my contention that we already have access to the Beastie Boys for all of us; ie. revenue generators. On the margins we have access to individual favorites of whatever entity you name. But if those entities are old TV shows and satellite TV we have just executed a large circular train of thought. Those things you mention are available and will always be available since they are proven money makers. They have an existing track record.
The Stones coming out of the old Merseybeat scene were not moneymakers. They became that due to their ability to access the media as a result of the BBC allowing time for the public to utilise the airwaves.
It isn't the known entities I am concerned about; its what we will never see as a result of companies like Clearchannell owning the rights to broadcast/print and performance venues. How does new music become viable if it is secularised into one internet blog read by fifty people?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: HEY, WAYNE !
Next Topic: Who says there's no good news in the world?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 06:14:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio