Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Erse caps, attenuation circuits.
Erse caps, attenuation circuits. [message #53182] Fri, 06 February 2009 22:39 Go to previous message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Hi Wayne,
Sorry if you already answer any of this questions. I've been out for a long time and I've been just peeking on your site for a couple of times.

1 - Have you ever tried Erse caps, they have such nice specs and are not that expensive (I know you use the coils from the same manufacturer). They compare them with other brand names on their website what is unusual (no fear).

2 - On the xover attenuations you use on the compression drivers (R1 & R2), you use (pardon me if you answer this question before) R2 before R1. Is this for the better protection of the drivers, since R1 and driver would be in series? I am using a similar attenuation w/compensation but R2 comes after R1 + Cap. Do you think there is any problem with that, providing the right calculations (and testing on spice)? You are not the only person/engineer proceeding like that...

3 - There was one last question for today, and it is related with something you said before (I think in one of your papers). If or when using variable Lpads, do you bring the settings down, of the overall, for how many dBs? I am thinking of having about 3dB of clearance to adjust it up +3dB (0dB for flat response or down for less). Do you think this is appropriate? Let's say you do this for the tweeter, then the woofer must be cut short 3dB from it's response curve, or trashed/waisted half of it's capacity. Am I Right?

I also want to say I apreciate very much your postings on the DIY forums, on measurements, you had some time ago, and the patience you show with all members, old and new.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Best Regards.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Any Delta PRO-12-A fans here?
Next Topic: Pi 2 Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:47:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout