Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » JBL 2226H & EV DH1A w/HP940
You've got mail! [message #52595 is a reply to message #52590] Mon, 08 September 2008 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've sent plans for the four π loudspeaker. This will give you a starting point.

To be very honest, my suggestion is to sell the EV drivers and horns on eBay and use the money to get H290 horns and B&C DE250 compression drivers. Then you can build four π speakers as designed with JBL 2226 woofers and DE250/H290 tweeter horns.

This is not to say the horns/drivers you have are better or worse, although I will say the DE250 is a very good driver and the H290 horn is perfect for this application. But even if the EV DH1A/HP940 is also very good, it will still take a fairly substantial design effort to configure the crossover and speaker layout properly.

It takes dozens, sometimes hundreds of man-hours to design and optimize a speaker like this, and that's if you've already done enough of them that they're practically a templated design. So even if you start with the four π plans and modify them, I would expect several full days work with a good measurement system to get everything right.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Jeff Jewett does it again