Home » Audio » General » Ping: Mike and Adrian
Ping: Mike and Adrian [message #471] Mon, 24 May 2004 07:55 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
What are some cool movies from down under? This post should really go in the MoviesAndMusic forum, but I wasn't sure if you guys checked there or not.

Every now and then, I get on a movie kick for a few days and watch something new every night just before going to sleep. You'll usually see me make a few posts in the MoviesAndMusic forum when I do. Happens 'bout every two weeks or so.

I'd love to know what cool movies you guys know about from Australia and New Zealand. I'd like to know of good ones from Britain too, and other English speaking countries outside of the USA. Actually, I like some Russian, French and Spanish movies too, but if they're subtitled, it's so distracting to try and read the subtitles at the bottom of the screen while following the action above the words. You sort of have to either pay attention to one or the other, and that's distracting. So it's really nice when the movie is in English.

One of the Australian movies I liked a lot was Mad Max and its sequels. That was the movie that really introduced Mel Gibson to the American audience, and it also gave us familiarity with Bruce Spence (the Gyro Captain) and Vernon Wells (Wez, the Humungus' second, guy on the chain).

Anyway, I'm just looking to find some good films from outside the United States, and I was hoping to get some input here or in the MoviesAndMusic forum.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message