Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Cornerhorn too much?
Cornerhorn too much? [message #51382] Mon, 03 September 2007 19:44 Go to previous message
Brad is currently offline  Brad
Esquire
I'm building a Bottlehead SEX amp (2wpc SET). I want to either find some old efficient speakers, or build some myself. The Pi cornerhorn seem to be very efficient, and the price is good, too. My main problem is if they will be too large for my room. I'm only 16 (don't hold that against me), so I have my stereo set up in my bedroom. We're currently selling our house, and the bedroom that I'll probably get is decently sized. It's 17'x11', has hardwood floors, a solid wall on the western side, one small window at about 5' up on the south side, two of the same windows on the east side, closets on the north side, and the door is in the northwest corner on the west side. I plan to set my room up according to my stereo. Is there a way that I could set it up to use the Theater series 6 pi corner horn, or is my room just going to be way too small? If it is, what Pi speaker would you suggest in it's place?

Lastly, I noticed that the specs show that they only go up to 16khz, do you find this lacking(if so, do you add a supertweeter or something?), or does it sound fine? I should mention that I mostly listen to all form of rock, from oldies to death metal. I throw in some Frank Sinatra, reggae, or classical every once in a while.

Thanks, Brad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 12 woofer