Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi Sevens up and running!
Re: Hardwood floor [message #51333 is a reply to message #51332] Thu, 09 August 2007 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Tim Barnes is currently offline  Tim Barnes
Baron
My floor may be marginally better than some - it's an engineered hardwood floor (basically plywood planks) laid on a few mm of foam, over a particle board floor on joists (I used to have carpet). I also have a big rug in the middle of the room and quite a lot of soft furniture.

But in any case, I'll see what it sounds like under the floor. I imagine that if I use Cara to work out room modes, and then when I measure I find something different, it may be because of the sub-floor space?

I have some other things to do as well - explore moving the piano to another part of the room to let the horns do their thing with fewer obstructions; put some kind of absorbent pad under the piano (a Jon Risch-style trap lying on the floor?); and then we'll see where I am.

The room needs to get back to the clean and minimalist look it had before I put all the stuff in there - it is meant to be a peaceful place, not just a listening room...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: JBL 2416
Next Topic: what design can i throw 8 jbl 2206J's in?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 02:25:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio