Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi Studio One Tower
Re: Pi Studio One Tower [message #93022 is a reply to message #50492] Tue, 26 January 2021 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tomlang is currently offline  tomlang
Chancellor
This is certainly the oldest thread I have ever brought back from the dead. It seemed appropriate though, as I went back through this forum and behold, found something very interesting to build.

I have attached a proposed dimensioned drawing of the One Pi 2.5 speaker. Assuming running the lower woofer only up to 200 Hz, I come up with a 1/4 wavelength of 16.875 inches, so I spaced the lower woofer up 16.5 inches from the floor and same spacing to the upper woofer. Does this seem reasonable? Is 200 Hz a good choice? If I went lower, say 150 Hz I could make the tower taller. But not knowing the tweeter crossover point I'm not sure if that is better.

This 3 cu ft box is tuned at 49 Hz, F3=43 Hz. That is not quite as low as the single woofer 2 cu ft box discussed above. That brings up a question as I have never listened to a 2.5 speaker before. Will the 2.5 seem like more apparent base as it fixes some floor bounce problems?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message