Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Stage, Audiphile(?) or Professional?
Stage, Audiphile(?) or Professional? [message #50423] Mon, 25 December 2006 12:00 Go to previous message
PPoli is currently offline  PPoli
Chancellor
Hi Wayne
I’m looking for a good plan for a couple of speakers to match with my 300B SE amplifier.
I found Pi projects really interesting but I have a couple of questions for you.

My living room is, more or less 5*5 meters (200”*200”), 3 meters high, irregular, but without available corners. The listening point is 3 meter from loudspeakers which are 3 meters distant each other and half to one meter from the rear wall.

Due to small space I was thinking of build a couple of Stage IV, but I run into your doubt regarding impedance to match them with SE tube amplifier. A solution could be the Professional series, at almost double the price.
A friend of mine is building the Theater IV but they seem to be huge to me.

- Any suggestion from you?
- What about development of Audiophile series with the new B&C woofer (and the optimized crossover)? Would they be available soon?
- is it possible to have plans of Stage, Audiophile and Professional IV?
- the JBL 2226 datasheet suggest 1200 Hz maximum frequency, is it compatible with Professional IV (1600 Hz cutting frequency)?
- I read some topics concerning a Mid-Horn, possibly to add in a second time. Why don’t you use it in non-corner speakers?
- do you ship to Italy and how much would it cost for a couple of kits?

Thank you

Paolo Poli
Italy

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message