Home » Audio » General » Haynes Advent Calendar Radio
Haynes Advent Calendar Radio [message #94993] Fri, 24 December 2021 16:39 Go to previous message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I received one of the Haynes Advent Calendar Radio projects as a gift and thought I'd review it. It's a pretty neat kit. It's supposed to be for ages 14 and up, but it's definitely not an easy project, in my opinion. Engineers and electricians will blow right through it, but it's a bit more tedious for the unskilled masses like me. So, don't let the age allowance throw you off from getting one. I think the advent calendar idea is a unique one, even though I found it impossible to sit on it.

I did the project in four days. It was tough to cut the wire strips. I wound up using a carving knife, because the wires are so thin. The instructions are excellent, if slightly complicated. I appreciate that it wouldn't work unless everything was precise. It was a fun little experiment to make a radio this way. I wish it came with a proper casing, but I made due with the cardboard. I highly recommend this kit. It's fairly inexpensive, and I enjoyed killing a few hours with it. I learned a lot about how loudspeakers work, too.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Music In Therapy
Next Topic: Speech In Noise Test
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:54:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio