Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 6Pi Build Approaching
6Pi Build Approaching [message #94622] Wed, 13 October 2021 21:04 Go to previous message
Skip Pack is currently offline  Skip Pack
Baron
I've always wanted to build your corner horns, but, like most, needed a room with available corners. This is about to happen. The room is 15.5' X 23.5' and has a sloping ceiling across the 15.5' dimension. The short side is 9.3' and the tall side is 12.3'. The available corners dictate firing down the long axis. This sounds like it should work, but I do wonder if the assymetric ceiling will cause problems.

The 6Pis appeal to me a bit more than the 7Pis, and I have plans you sent to me perhaps 5-6 years ago. Are these still current? As is often the case, I would probably use 18mm/3/4" baltic birch, where the plans call for 5/8" stock. Should I treat all dimensions as interior dimensions to maintain the correct acoustic behavior, or should I calculate interior dimensions with a 5/8" allowance and add to the ourside dimension?

While I don't think I will build with the lovely joinery that @grimberg achieved, I look forward to the challenge and think I can reach a nice result.

I expect I would start work on them around the end of the year. The house is under heavy renewal, so April-May is likely the soonest they could go in. I hope to use the top-end tweeter and woofer. Are they fairly available?

Hope all's well,

Skip

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 4 Pi plans please
Next Topic: 7pi build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:45:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio