Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Was the ECM 1984 recording of 'Tabula Rasa' by Arvo Pärt digitally remastered?
Was the ECM 1984 recording of 'Tabula Rasa' by Arvo Pärt digitally remastered? [message #94332] Tue, 31 August 2021 11:50 Go to previous message
bergholt is currently offline  bergholt
Esquire
Hi fellow audio lovers,

I'm not sure I'm in the right sub-forum, but thought this the best match.

I've just received a 1984 pressing of Arvo Pärt's 'Tabula Rasa' composition from 1977, which consists of two parts, Ludus and Silentium, published by ECM Records. The musicians are Gidon Kremer, Tatjana Gridenko and Alfred Schnittke and the Lithuanian Chamber Orchestra lead by Saulus Sondeckis.

From Discogs, the recording took place in 1977 in Bonn, Germany.

Does anyone know the recording's 'way' to vinyl - what interests me first and foremost is whether it's been digitally remastered / treated somehow.

I also got the Arbos album, which explicitly mentions 'Digital Recording', 1986/1987.

The reason I'm asking is that I've started a small project of listening to the same piece of music in different formats: Streaming, Tidal & Qobuz, vinyl and CD (there are two releases of 'Tabula Rasa', one from 1984 and one from 2010). A project I was inspired to by reading Greg Milner's book 'Perfecting Sound Forever -- The Story of Recorded Music', which I can highly recommend.

If other forums would be more adequate, please let know.

Thanks in advance,

Kasper Bergholt

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Audiobooks
Next Topic: The Loved One
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:03:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects