Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » I Hate Ants
I Hate Ants [message #94055] Sat, 17 July 2021 21:22 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, The title says it all. Over the past 2-3 weeks we started to see between 1 and 5 medium size red ants in the living room. Which incidentally is my listening room as my spouse stole my real listening room after I put the wide screen there. That is a story for another time. Back to the ants. They show up between 8 PM and morning. Generally in the same area. Roughly about a 10 foot radius in one corner of the room. Some background. The house is brick and while there are some minor cracks there are no gaping ones. Concrete slab and it is in actually really good condition. This type of ant is common here but usually has huge underground nests. Not like carpenter ants that will move into the house and tunnel in the wood. The ants will roam (according to the web) up to 100 yards from a nest looking for food. There is nothing to eat in the living room. Zero. I can't find any nearby nests either. When we first moved in here there was one so big that it probably was listed on the deed. I caulked everything that had any gaps, searched for any entry points and can't find any. There are no consistent ant trails but they do seem to favor the one area. Spectracide does a number on them and they are always dead. Some satisfaction in that...but I want them gone. Enough rant for now. Mad

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message