Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Alone In The Wilderness
Alone In The Wilderness [message #91538] Sun, 08 March 2020 06:51 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently online  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Ahwoooooooooooo, woo, woo, woooooooo! Sorry, call of the wild there. PBS was begging as frequently they have to do now. Govt. funding ain't what it use to be, (a subject for the dungeon) so they ask the public to help them stay on the air. One enticement they were plugging last night was an amazing documentary I never tire seeing about one man, Richard,'Dick' Proenneke who lived alone in a log cabin for 30 years he hand built in the Alaska wilderness in the mid 60's, when he was in his 50's until he was 82 years old. Self filmed using a tripod and 16mm camera. He shows the process of him using hand tools and his innate craftsmanship and simple theme of living off the land, using what was available to live about as close to nature as the animals do. With some human ingenuity applied to make the going a bit more habitable. He makes his own utensils, furniture, grows his vittles and harvests only what he needs of the wildlife to get through the brutal winters. Just scenes of him going about his daily routines and chores, and continuous creations of things he takes a notion to make for his needs. Watching this production makes you think about our dependence on our society's infrastructure and preoccupation with so much of its excesses. If never seen before it's a real worthwhile view. If I was a third as productive as Mr. Proenneke was on any given day of his wilderness test as he called it, I'd be exhausted, but a sight more satisfied.
https://mountainlake.org/alone-in-the-wilderness/

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Talented singers
Next Topic: Which are the most anticipated ones?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:28:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio