Home » xyzzy » Tower » Cable Bill (How much has your bill risen over the years?)
Cable Bill [message #90873] Mon, 16 September 2019 21:08 Go to previous message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
I stumbled across several years of cable bills while cleaning out some files. In 1990, my cable was only $14. In 2002 it was $50. I did not have HD TV or anything too fancy. Just extended cable (main channels plus MTV, Nickelodeon, HGTV, Disc, and such). In 2005 it was $100. That's quite a jump for the same stuff. In 2012 it jumped to $150, but that included paying more for an HD TV and renting the cable box. In 2019, it's now at $179 for the same stuff I had in 2012, minus the cable box because I finally learned I could buy one outright instead of renting theirs. Switching over to digital cable definitely raised rates, though I don't know why. I've always had Cox or Comcast cable depending on where I lived since those were the only two options. I will say that the cable companies have added numerous channels over the years, so maybe that's how they justify the price increase each time. I would cancel cable were it not for the kids and the wife wanting to keep it. Have you noticed whether your bill has increased over the years?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Children and Screen Time
Next Topic: Where is Everyone?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:14:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects