Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2 Pi completed
2 Pi completed [message #89457] Sat, 29 December 2018 14:17 Go to previous message
Saracenblue is currently offline  Saracenblue
Esquire
Hi,

After sitting on the parts for some time I have just completed the build. WOW!

I wish I'd had finished sooner. What an amazing sounding pair of speakers. Where does all that bass come from? Picture below.
Congratulations Wayne, magic design.

I don't have the largest room, use a single ended EL84 valve amp and until now, used to listen to mainly acoustic/small group music. Due to the increased SPL from the 2Pi I am now confident that I can play anything. Never expected that.

Had some friends listen too and I think they will soon be building these speakers themselves.

These are the largest speakers I have had and I am not totally happy with the stability of stands so I was wondering,

1. Would I compromise the speakers by building a floor standing box and fitting a false bottom about a third of the way up to maintain the volume of the 2Pi?

2. Could I reduce the baffle width, maximum one inch off each side? To make up the volume I will increase the height by about 2.5 inches.

3. I will retain the drivers positioning but I'm not sure about the port. I include a picture of what is proposed with the ports indicated close to the base of the inner box, either centered or to the side.

Reading through the advice given in the FAQs' 'Changing dimensions' section I'm hoping my plans will not prove too much of a departure as I do not want to do anything to spoil what I am now enjoying.

many thanks,
Graham

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2297&private=0

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2298&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message