Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3Pi Sub plans, and some other questions.
3Pi Sub plans, and some other questions. [message #88012] Sun, 13 May 2018 10:18 Go to previous message
joshua43214 is currently offline  joshua43214
Baron
Seems this is the year for new stuff...

Wayne, please send me plans for the 3Pi sub.

I also have some questions.

Once my, 6Pi cornerhorns are complete, the 2Pi towers I just completed will be moved to the rear.

My listening room is also my home theater.

I know the 3Pi sub is pretty forgiving about changes provided the volume is kept mostly the same. Is there some limit to how much the HxWxD dimensions be tweaked? It would be nice to build it to fit under furniture.
Also, since the 6Pi's do not require a sub, the primary use will be for LFE.
Please also confirm that building it as a down-firing sub is acceptable.
Can you make a recommendation on a plate amp and specs? I am not convinced I need DSP for LFE, but it might find itself doing double duty assisting with room nulls when listening to stereo music. Please keep in mind I am probably going to put a class A or AB amp into service by years end.

I also have the 1Pi speakers I built last year.
I might try and fit them in as surrounds, or just pass them on. It did occur to me that I might be able to reuse the drivers for a center channel as a 3way or as MTM.
I have been running a ghost center since I put the 1Pi's in, and some movies really need a center for proper dialogue levels.

Any thoughts on this?

I don't see being able to afford a 3Pi for the center and a 3Pi sub in the near future, and the sub seems more important today, though I might change my mind once the 6Pi's go in.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: DSP for subwoofer(s)
Next Topic: On Fence
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:41:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations