Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 7-pi conversion (Salvaging everything (if possible) to transform a seven pi)
7-pi conversion [message #81642] Sat, 31 October 2015 13:05 Go to previous message
tromic is currently offline  tromic
Esquire
Hello!!

I built a pair of seven pi a couple years ago, here is a picture of the right speaker!

index.php?t=getfile&id=1826&private=0

These have been my main speakers for a long time but last year, we moved into a house and our open kitchen-living room is cruelly lacking both corners for proper installation... On the right, there is a window and on the left, a hexagonal turret leading to the kitchen. I then bought a Sonos home theater, which is not bad, but just don't rival the seven pi that were hooked to a home made 8W tube amp.

So, now I'd like to convert these seven pi into something else that still sound good and won't require two corners. I will probably be using oak this time also, not mdf.

Any idea what I can do with these? I'd like to use all 3 drivers for a rich sound but the four pi is using only 2...

I built my seven pi on this :
-Eminence PSD2002 with compressed plastic horn
-Eminence Omega 15
-Mid range driver : Eminence Delta 10
-Standard x-over (Only option when I bought if I remember well)

If I remember well, the woofer is dephased from the rest... Would it be possible to revert the connection and move this to the front? What kind of air volume would I need in the cabinets? Front or rear-ported?

I know, lot of questions, but I built these a long time ago and it's hard getting back to this!

Thank you,
Michael
  • Attachment: pi.jpg
    (Size: 62.89KB, Downloaded 3859 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 4pi LCR new Project
Next Topic: 6pi Mains, 3pi Center