Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » newbie 2pi build questions
newbie 2pi build questions [message #81303] Fri, 08 May 2015 03:47 Go to previous message
hobeygo is currently offline  hobeygo
Esquire
Hi,

Wayne was kind enough to send me the plans for 2pi studios, however since it's the very first time I am building any kind of audio equipment, I have some trivial questions:

1-What sort of (qualitywise) circuit elements (cables, soldering,capacitors, etc.) should I be using in building the crossover, and how they should be mounted on chasis?
(I have seen people mounting the circuit on a wooden plate instead of a circuit board online, is it OK?)

2- Regarding the use of t-nuts: how should the t-nuts be mounted on the chasis optimally to allow easy mount-unmount of speakers? Should I be driving t-nuts from the front of the panel to the back, or vice versa?

3- Regarding the usage of insulating material inside the chasis: Wayne recommends using R11 or R13 insulation. The thickness of R13 insulation is listed as 3-1/2 inches, and the port tube is 2 inches apart from the side and bottom which are to be covered with insulating material. How does the insulation fit in there without covering port tube? Am I missing a detail in plans?

Best Regards,
Onur

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2pi plans
Next Topic: Help with new design
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 21:23:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio