Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » R13 insulation: what to do? spray glue down?
R13 insulation: what to do? spray glue down? [message #71747] Wed, 14 March 2012 05:41 Go to previous message
Maxjr is currently offline  Maxjr
Baron
I'm coming through the home stretch of my 4Pi build. I have crossovers coming from Wayne in the next week and just finished mounting the baffle, port, and all 4 sides. Prior to gluing up the rear panel, I'd like to install the braces and R13 insulation. Does this sound like the correct sequence?

My main question is: do I spray the R13 insulation with glue prior to installing it so it doesn't fall, or is the material rigid enough to stay put? I was also thinking of misting a light spray of glue on the other side of the R13 (non wood side) to prevent loose fibers from flying around. Will this affect performance if I do it lightly? If glue is recommended, is there a specific one? I was thinking of using 3M.

Lastly, I'd like to mount the crossovers in the cabinet on the bottom panel. Is it recommended to screw them down with shower liner in between (as a gasket). Can I then lay the R13 over the crossover?

I've read through the plans and many builds here, but haven't seen these specific issues addressed. Thanks in advance, Wayne and everyone else!

Cheers,
Joel

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2226H Drivers question