Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Contemplating a change
Contemplating a change [message #69392] Thu, 08 September 2011 14:33 Go to previous message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Having moved to a much smaller listening room (not to mention new city), I've not been able to set up my speakers in a way that produces a distinct sound stage, and I think it has a lot to do with too much bouncing around the walls. My current room is about 12' x 14' x 8'. My back is against one wall, speakers on the long wall in front of me (7' apart, 18" from wall). Some here will know that my set up is rather 4-pi like in that I use a JBL 2226 on the bottom, similar size cabinet, etc, same kind of crossover (different attenuation) but on top I use GPA driver (299?) on an Edgar Tractrix horn (800hz, crossed about 1200). So.... I'm contemplating seeing what a more pi like setup would do by switching to the Eminence PSD2002 and H295 horn. Right now that represents a big investment due to demands of a new home so I'm hesitent and wanted to see what kind of thoughts this forum might contribute. Thanks!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: New HT - Need Advice on Speakers - 4pis or 7pis for main, 2pis, and what to use for bass
Next Topic: Discussion on waveguides / horns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 16:15:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout