Home » Audio » General » Headed Home!
Headed Home! [message #64636] Wed, 10 November 2010 16:28 Go to previous message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Well gang, first off, I apologize for not being a more active poster! Over the last several years life has been pretty darn busy! But the turn of a friendly card (tribute to Alan Parsons) has landed me a position back in my "home town" of Portland, OR. I will be moving from the great city of Tulsa where it was my good fortune to meet many fine people including audio folks (like Wayne, Norris and a host of others), so it is a bitter sweet time. Not unlike having to move from Columbus a few years ago where it was my pleasure to meet Speakerman57 and Bill E. The audio community is fantastic and every place I go I meet incredible new people. At any rate, thanks to my Tulsa buddies who helped to make the last 3 years fun and interesting. Thanks to my Columbus buddies who did the same there, and hey, you Portland guys, is the Oregon Triode Society still operating? Hello boys, I'm back!
By the way, my wife and I will be in temp housing for several months which means limited audio stuff. But (wife doesn't know this yet) I mailed myself a vintage Scott 222C and my digital setup (Mac + PS Audio DAC). Now all I need are some good speakers for an apartment. I was kind of thinking about those little monitors Fred showed at the '09 (I think) LSAF. Or, Echo Hi-Fi is literally 3 blocks from my apartment, maybe I'll search there, too. Any suggestions for small monitors for 14 watts?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: CALM Bill
Next Topic: House-wide Intercom System
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 09:28:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects