Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Scary?
Scary? [message #59180] Thu, 01 February 2007 21:38 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I heard this story yesterday, and wondered what I was missing. Thought about it, kicked it around with friends in the office. Now after a day of thinking about it, I'm still left with the same amazed question:

What in the hell is scary about this?

Tracy O’Connor, 34, a retail manager, called the police response “silly and insane,” contrasting it with that in other cities where no one reported concerns about the devices — an advertising gimmick for the Cartoon Network show “Aqua Teen Hunger Force.”

I'd have to say I agree.

“We’re the laughingstock,” she said.

Uh, yeah.

Well, maybe not everyone in Boston, maybe not the majority of people or the city. But as for the "public safety officials" - I'd say, yep, they missed the boat. Go catch bad guys. They aren't cartoons. Those are little silly things. Bad guys usually steal shit and kill people, stuff like that.

Maybe if "public safety officials" around this country got more concerned with public safety and less concerned with raising revenues, they could tell the difference between cartoons and bad guys. It isn't the beat cops that are clueless, it's their bosses and mid-level jerks that do BS stuff like this. They're the ones that setup "spot checks" for seat belts and stuff like that. They tell you it's for "public safety" but what it's really for is an added tax. Brings in more bacon. Evidently, it rots their brains too.

I think the little cartoon guy needs to be the new mission statement for everyone, to remind us all that we've let the "public safety officials" go too far. Get 'em all out of office and start over, they've all gone coo-coo for cocoa puffs.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Lisa Nowak