Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2 Pi Tower Build Tips
2 Pi Tower Build Tips [message #52860] Wed, 12 November 2008 20:42 Go to previous message
breakfastchef is currently offline  breakfastchef
Chancellor
I am putting the finishing touches on my Bottlehead Paramount monoblock amps and am about ready to start building a pair of 2 Pi towers. The plans supplied by Wayne do not have enough information to complete a set of 2 Pi's, particularly to someone new to speaker building. Though I have searched these forums extensively, I am not sure how to complete this first build without some feedback from the forum members.

1) I was looking at a basic plan for an ML TL enclosure as a guideline and it appears that the top and bottom pieces are full-size to plan dimensions with all sides recessed within this footprint. Would that be a preferred? This is of interest to me as this arrangement would make it impossible to gain access to the inside of the box in the future (i.e. remove the back panel, for example) if I wanted to make changes to the stuffing or make a modification to the crossover.

2) I understand that bracing is important. How many braces and where should they be located in each cabinet? What type of bracing is preferred - cross brace, window frame brace or other?

3) What type of box stuffing is recommended? Where should the box be stuffed/lined?

4) Are the external binding posts included with the 2 Pi kit? If not, what do you recommend?

5) Where should crossovers be mounted? Should they be accessible from the woofer port? I have no idea how long the wiring assembly is.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: lab 12 port freq. ???
Next Topic: Back to the Aikido
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 01:05:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations