Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Professional Four Questions
Professional Four Questions [message #50042] Mon, 18 September 2006 13:40 Go to previous message
xcortes is currently offline  xcortes
Baron
Hi.

I'm new to this forum. I have been reading about your speakers and I would be interested in building/buying a set of Professional Fours for my Home theater. I have several questions, however:

1. How would these speakers work for Home Theater Applications? I will be using 300B SET amps for the 5.0 channels. The main left and right and the center channel will be placed at about 5 meters and the surrounds maybe at two.

2. How good or bad is their vertical dispersion?; ie, how important is to have them exactly at ear level?

3. Can I buy kits for the five channels but without the woofers and deducting them for the price? That is because I live in Mexico and I can get the JBL woofers here without needing to bring them down which would make the project prohibitive. The rest of the kit could be shipped to CA and I would bring them down, including the HF drivers.

4. Is the 2226 woofer the H (8 ohm version)?

5. In an old post Wayne recommended JBL 2242's to build matching subwoofers with these speakers. I can get here 2241s but not 2242s. A simulation with this driver and a 340 liters box tuned to 30Hz gives me an F3 of 30Hz. Would this be a good driver for building the 0.1 channel and latter maybe augmenting subs for the main left and right speakers?

6. Can I get the plans for them in advance to start working?

Thanks a lot,

xavier

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: For GARLAND