Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » What about this combo?
What about this combo? [message #34616] Tue, 01 January 2002 15:00 Go to previous message
Jerry Parker is currently offline  Jerry Parker
Baron
Hi. After reading Wayne's post about piezo's made by Motorola being nice drivers for the money, I came up with a potential system plan:

An Eminence Alpha 10" woofer. I believe they cost around 35 dollars at PartsExpress. For the highs a MOTOROLA KSN1142A HORN DRIVER. Here is a link to it: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=4016269&St=9944&St2=78088592&St3=70578694&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=7314&DID=7. Now the part I dont understand is finding the right horn lens for the piezo! Can you purchase a generic one, or do you have to have a specific horn shape for the driver to work properly? Parts express has generic horns for around 12 dollars. So for all of these parts it looks like around 120 dollars. For the xover it should cost about 20 dollars or less. So that leaves 60 dollars for the cabinets. I was thinking about a 2 cubic foot box tuned to 45hz. Would that provide great bass that would give you that "kick" in the chest? If not, what box alignments would you reccomend? Thanks!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ASF-SB12 on the JBL tent sale page
Next Topic: Happy New Year!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 22:03:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio