Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Duplicate post from high eff.; idea for get-together
Duplicate post from high eff.; idea for get-together [message #34398] Wed, 12 December 2001 17:39
pickle is currently offline  pickle
Chancellor
Okay, it's just something to throw out there for future reference, but if the midwest high efficiency/horn guys wanted to have a big pow-wow, I have access to some good facilities for such an event. First is a Civic Center with many possibilities; a great auditorium with excellent acoustics, several smaller halls, foyers, lobbies and rooms, for simultaneous setups, and an attached hotel and parking garage. I think we could get the civic center on an off weekend for a pittance. (My buddy is the director) Or, for a smaller get-together, there is a small community theater built in the 50's, with excellent acoustics for speaker listening as well.

As a bonus, the civic center has three house systems for fun; an all Altec movie system with three A4's, (they also have the projector, something like a Cinescope?, and screen, in working condition; we could show our own movie!!) a JBL system in the proscenium area with two 18's in one cab, three large horns in an array, and a 4560 loaded with a 15. Then there is the Bose system they stuck in 3 years ago for contrast.

Just a thought.....
We could invite all the Pi guys in the region, etc. etc and have a ball. The place is large enough to leave systems set up for an extended time, without having to share.
Any interest? The facility is in Lima, OH 3.5 hours from Chicago, same from Cleveland, 4 from Pittsburgh, 1.5 from Cinci, 1 hour from Dayton, etc. We are on I-75.

Read Message
Previous Topic: Best Cabinet Material?
Next Topic: Eminence Delta 15 same as Delta 15A?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 17:57:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio