Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Car Subwoofer Encloser
Car Subwoofer Encloser [message #33080] Mon, 26 March 2001 20:37 Go to previous message
Michaelbrann is currently offline  Michaelbrann
Esquire
Can anyone help me with a question I have ? I currently have a vented enclosure in my car with 2 JBL 2226 front mounted. After playing around with the box design using boxplot, the best spl level I can get is 142.7db I am trying to crack the 150db mark and have been unsuccesfull so far. I beleive that the jbl drivers are indeed very cabable however due to the limited constraints of my hatch back I am not getting there full potential. I once saw a design which had 2 speakers mounted face to face and wired out of phase of each other. I was considering adding another two 2226's in this manner I would also have an extra amplifier. Will this increase the power output? Will it lower destortion ? (I imagine it will) how will this effect the thiele small paramaters? should I calculate the box fworking on 4 drivers or 2? You propably think i'm nuts to try this however I love working with speakers and my wife won't let me power up 4 2226's in the house!

Any help would be appreciated

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Letter from Chris Rose, Eminence US Distribution Manager
Next Topic: Eminence solves the "mystery parameters" issue - Second letter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 30 22:36:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects